Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Up's and Down's of NICU Life

Dear EJ,

Today was a difficult day and yet a miraculous day.

We started out today with lots of tears and crying on Mommy's and your part. They had to move your IV as soon as Daddy and Mommy got there. So, Mommy had to walk away cause listening and watching you cry out in pain kills me. I feel bad because I know I should be there for you but if I don't walk away I am afraid I wouldn't be able to hold myself back from stopping the nurses and cry my eyes out!

Which brings me to another point that I want you to know about the first week and the last nine months of your life: Your daddy is amazing! He has been our rock and when Mommy thinks she can't deal with anything anymore your Daddy steps up and takes control of things for Mommy!! He has even made sure that Mommy takes care of herself and he's stayed on top of your care there in the NICU!

The other thing today that happened was that after the IV fiasco Mommy wasn't sure that she could keep up with the pumping and just keep going. It wasn't like I don't love you or care but Mommy was so stressed after listening to you cry. But then I held you and we worked on breastfeeding more and suddenly I remembered that I would do anything for you. That my being was complete because of you and your Daddy. I am truly amazed at what holding you can do for my soul.

Daddy and Mommy are going to see you bright and early tomorrow morning in hopes of being there when the doctor's make their rounds and to be there to see Dr. A when he comes with the results of yesterday's biopsy.

We love you handsome boy! <3

Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment