Sunday, July 24, 2011

A hope for your body..

My darling son,

Your mommy is a little "radical" you might say. Your Gma Karen like to call your mommy "bohemian". Mommy likes to think of herself as a free thinker..

Mommy has recently (within the last two years) become interested in food (I know shocker right!?) and where it comes from and what it does to the body and how it makes the body feel. Now Mommy is very much about feeling (and you will learn this as you grow my dear) and as part of feeling how her/my body feels/felt after eating meat it became VERY evident that it was meant NOT to go into her/my body.

Well, my darling, then you came along! And you, mijo, are your Daddy's son! Your Daddy is VERY much a carnivore. Note: Mommy in defense of Daddy's carnivore side has been very open to trying all/most of Mommy's vegetarian and vegan food! You, little man, have slowly started to realize that the food that Mommy doesn't (yes I do NOT) eat bland/gross food! Mommy's palate (which hopefully you will inherit) CRAVES flavor!!

My hope for you (and for our family) is to eat to feel good about ourselves. To have our bodies tell us that what we ate gave us energy, and helped to balance us rather than hinder us. My hope for us all is that we learn to know and feel our bodies and what they tell us.

I hope this for you.

Te quiero, mijo.
Tu mama

No comments:

Post a Comment